Subject: Re: system-friendly screen-hack ?
From: [email-masked] (Chris Green)
Date: 17 Nov 92 12:50:58 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Christian Moen) writes:
>I need to write to a screen blindingly fast, but want to do this
>in a system-friendly manner. I've thought about grabbing the
>bitplane-pointers in the screen-structure, but is this really
>system-friendly ?  What about future DIG/RTG ?

	NEVER, NEVER use the imbedded Screen BitMap structure. Use
Screen->RastPort->BitMap. Under DIG, or on systems with more than 
8 bitplanes, the copy of the bitmap can't be valid.

>
>I've also thought about using the graphics.library BltBitMap function,
>put I think I'm better off not using the blitter.

	BltBitMap will work fine under DIG/RTG.
-- 
*-------------------------------------------*---------------------------*
|Chris Green - Graphics Software Engineer   - [email-masked]      f
|                  Commodore-Amiga          - uunet!cbmvax!chrisg       n
|My opinions are my own, and do not         - icantforgettheimpression  o
|necessarily represent those of my employer.- youmadeyouleftaholeinthe  r
|"A screaming comes across the sky..."      - backofmyhead              d
*-------------------------------------------*---------------------------*